Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Growth Mindset


Learning at OU has taught me a lot about myself and learning ability. Honestly, I struggle with being a bit of a perfectionist and anxiety, it is easier with more hands-on thing, but I struggle with more open-ended conceptual learning. I often find myself writing paragraphs over and over again, trying to find the perfect way to write something. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve turned in rough drafts and then rewritten the entire thing because I hatred it. I have started to grow more on this front due to one of the friends I made here at OU. She is a creative writing major and she told me that every time I want to delete a sentence I should copy it into another word document, because it might not fit where I want it, but it could work later in my writing.

This class is the class I am most worried about this semester, when I signed up for it, I thought it would be more focused on mythology. I was extremely intimidated by the concept of creating a blog. I hope I can use what I learned from my creative writing major friend to help me in this class.



A growth mindset embraces challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Voyages of Sinbad, Part B

  The Old Man of the Sea , Monro Scott Orr (1923) The Arabian Nights' Entertainments   by Andrew Lang   (1898). Almost everyone who star...