Monday, February 1, 2021

Storybook Favorites

 



This blog immediately pulled me in because it is a about a topic that I am very familiar with. Dragons are such a prevalent mythological creature in fantasy genre that it would be hard to find someone that hasn’t heard of them. I like that the layout is very simple and easy to navigate. The alternate not quite ending is an interesting way to start a story. I liked the nontraditional dragon aspect and it was cool to see major gods from different pantheons show up.


Dungeons and Decisions

This blog is amazingly creative! First, I like that the naming convention changes the normal D&D just a bit, it’s a simple nod to the types of stories held within. Secondly, I never would have even imagined that could set up a blog this way with the branching story paths. The introduction did a good job of briefly describing D&D. It was interesting to see the story spread over several pages; I am not sure I could replicate this, but it is and interesting idea to keep in mind when setting up my own site. Again, I just love the way it uses a nontraditional way to tell the stories.


Werewolves

This blog also covers a topic of mythology that has become widespread, Werewolves. The introduction is very thorough, it covers the most common myth and goes into the various different myths from around the world. I like that it didn’t just choose the easy route and stick to the most popular myth. The story book was easy to navigate and I loved that they used a different picture to set the mood of each story. If I do a story book with different tones, I want to replicate this so that the mood is apparent as soon as someone navigates to each specific story.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Voyages of Sinbad, Part B

  The Old Man of the Sea , Monro Scott Orr (1923) The Arabian Nights' Entertainments   by Andrew Lang   (1898). Almost everyone who star...