Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Reading Notes: The Voyages of Sinbad, Part A

 



The Arabian Nights' Entertainments by Andrew Lang (1898).

I think its better with him talking to another man Sinbad who is impoverished, it is almost like he is talking to the man he could have been.

Oh, a sailor we should have a lot in common, first sentence “I had inherited considerable wealth from my parents…” maybe in the next story.

Why didn’t the captain didn’t recognize him?

I really felt the opening paragraph of the Second Voyage, I would come back to Oklahoma on leave and within 2 weeks I was ready to get back to my Ship.

Pulling into a new liberty port is amazing but missing the boat and being left behind was probably my greatest fear.

I feel like this could all be an elaborate tale to avoid getting in trouble for missing the boat. I could probably adapt the story to a more modern-day US Navy sailor.

I like to imagine that the savages in the third story were just monkeys that liked to steal ships.

He met the captain from his second journey… the more I read, the more I think he is just a very talented grifter.

You think after all this he would stop sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Voyages of Sinbad, Part B

  The Old Man of the Sea , Monro Scott Orr (1923) The Arabian Nights' Entertainments   by Andrew Lang   (1898). Almost everyone who star...